VMware Cloud Community
JasonFSVM
Contributor
Contributor

esxcfg-module "enable" "disable" not present

I'm trying to disable a module using esxcfg-module, but the "enable" and "disable" parameters are not present.  I'm connecting to this host through the VMA, and the host is running ESXI 4.1.0 build 433742.  Any help is appreciated.

esxcfg-module.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jdptechnc
Expert
Expert

Enable/disable options in VMA or vCLI are not available options for esxcli-module (vicfg-module), unless something has changed.

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222
0 Kudos
JasonFSVM
Contributor
Contributor

With that said, then how do I disable a driver?  Everything I've seen online says to use "esxcfg-module"

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

looks like enable and disable switches are not available for esxcfg-module and vicfg-module.

we should ssh to the host and execute the command directly.

~ # esxcfg-module --help
Usage: esxcfg-module <options> <module>
   -g|--get-options              Get the options for a given module and whether it is loaded on boot.
   -s|--set-options              Set the options for a given module.
                                 WARNING this may be overwritten by per device options.
   -e|--enable                   Enable a given module, indicating it should be loaded on boot.
   -d|--disable                  Disable a given module, indicating it should not be loaded on boot.
0 Kudos
aravinds3107
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

With that said, then how do I disable a driver?

Have you tried running the command on the host directly either SSH or on console

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful |Blog: http://aravindsivaraman.com/ | Twitter : ss_aravind
0 Kudos
jdptechnc
Expert
Expert

You have to do it directly at the host console or over an SSH session.... sorry... I just assumed you knew that and were trying to make a go at it remotely Smiley Wink.

Please consider marking as "helpful", if you find this post useful. Thanks!... IT Guy since 12/2000... Virtual since 10/2006... VCAP-DCA #2222
0 Kudos