VMware Cloud Community
dlee_12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

esx4 vs 4i

hi! i've just started trying on the esx4. how do i configure esx4 with native/management vlan? this option can be done by pressing F2 (if remember correctly) shortcut key in esx4i 's main menu after restarting the svr.

thx.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As the other poster it can de done during the installation - you have the ability to set the vlan - is your host is already set up and you wish to add post install you can do this using the esxcfg-vswif command from the command line or use the vSphere client and modify it on the configuration tab of the esx host's networking -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShanVMLand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You can mention the management IP address at time of installing ESX4 in the installation screen, You can give a static IP or DHCP (not recommended). OR you can do it thru command line in the service console.

Shan.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

As the other poster it can de done during the installation - you have the ability to set the vlan - is your host is already set up and you wish to add post install you can do this using the esxcfg-vswif command from the command line or use the vSphere client and modify it on the configuration tab of the esx host's networking -

0 Kudos