VMware Cloud Community
starkgu
Contributor
Contributor

error:Virtual machines in ESXi cannot access networks other than gateways and hosts

I installed ESXi 8.0 in my Dell Poweredge R540 with IP 172.16.12.105 and the network is normal, but the VMs installed in ESXi including VCSA cannot access the gateway or hosts outside of ESXi.And because of network issues, the second phase of VCSA could not be installed.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
krzysieksalwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Clearly an issue with network, somewhere the configuration is missing.

Have you checked you VLAN IDs, are they correctly configured? If you use ones of course.

Have you checked all the Network Adapters on your ESXi? All the uplinks?

You need to investigate network configuration on your ESXi host.

Regards

Blog: vmcloud.pl
Twitter: @vmcloudpl
Facebook: vmcloudpl
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

look on vSwitch and physical ports if you have correctly set, while it looks that the data doesn't go over it correctly.

Also you should check if you have in VM settings set correctly the network and if its connected to the outside world (correct subnet, mask, VLAN, etc...)

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos
starkgu
Contributor
Contributor

It should not be a problem with VLAN, I still have a server with the same configuration, ESXi and virtual machines installed, the network is normal, and the VLAN is 0. I now suspect it's a problem with the vSwitch 0, but I can't find a specific problem.

0 Kudos
starkgu
Contributor
Contributor

I double-checked the network configuration of the virtual machine without problems, and I used the virtual machine to ping the host. Now the data of the VM cannot go out through the physical port, how should it be configured.

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

sorry my Japanese is very bad 😁 but have you the networks added to teh correct physical adapters?

When you click on the Network is should show you the yellow line to the associated physical adapters.

When you don't use VLANs then in that same settings you should have it set as None (0)

By managing the physical adapters you should have moved the active used in the active adapters (In vSwitch 0 the Manage Physical Network Adapters) 

I think there will be the problem.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos
starkgu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am Chinese, not Japanese. Thank you very much for your answer, it gave me a lot of inspiration. Today I tried to enable the second network card on the ESXi host and reset the network, the virtual machine can use the network normally. Thanks again and have a great day.

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

sorry - I can't good difference these signs.

I'm happy that it helped you.

When I can ask you, please give me the kudos and mark what help me you most.

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos