VMware Cloud Community
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

driver and firmware version mapping listing on compatibility guide

not sure whether this question belongs to "ESXi Discussions" or not.

I'm currently determining the HBA driver v.s. firmware version on VCG, as shown in figure below.

niceguy001_0-1626874657161.png

It showed that the device driver "lsi_msgpt3 version 17.00.02.00-1vmw" maps to Firmware Version "NA" and Additional Firmware Version "15.17.09.06".

But I'm not sure what that means...

1. does that mean this VMware inbox driver version is actually compatible with any f/w version, especially the f/w version 15.17.09.06????

2. as mentioned above, can i apply this interpretation to other devices/equipment listed on VCG???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
A device can have different names according to the server manufacturer who has included it in his product. This implies specific or generic drivers and firmware.

The term N/A means that it does not apply to a particular case in question or because the answer is not available.
If we are talking about firmware, it may be that the driver indicated has not yet failed with a specific firmware or simply has not been tested with all firmware.

In version 6.7 Update 3
the driver should be included
lsi-msgpt3 16.00.01.00-1vmw.670.0.0.8169922
so the Frimware should be 15.17.08.01 for HBA330 Adapter Dell

Run the following commands to identify your HBA and the current driver and firmware version of the device
# esxcli storage core adapter list

# esxcli storage san fc list

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
A device can have different names according to the server manufacturer who has included it in his product. This implies specific or generic drivers and firmware.

The term N/A means that it does not apply to a particular case in question or because the answer is not available.
If we are talking about firmware, it may be that the driver indicated has not yet failed with a specific firmware or simply has not been tested with all firmware.

In version 6.7 Update 3
the driver should be included
lsi-msgpt3 16.00.01.00-1vmw.670.0.0.8169922
so the Frimware should be 15.17.08.01 for HBA330 Adapter Dell

Run the following commands to identify your HBA and the current driver and firmware version of the device
# esxcli storage core adapter list

# esxcli storage san fc list

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos