VMware Cloud Community
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

distributed switch vcenter

when i create lcap on distributed switch vcenter down . why i lost my connetion ?  where will be vcenter on standart swich ? every time working standart switch ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teddy092
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello goodface‌,

What do you mean when you say you lost your connection? Can't you access your Distributed Switch anymore after you've done some modification on it?

Please note also that you are either with a distributed switch configuration or a standard switch configuration but you cannot have both at the same time.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons. Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Nick_Andreev
Expert
Expert

If you're setting up LACP, you need to make sure that it's configured on both ends. So make sure you configure LACP portchannel on your network switch as well.

---
If you found my answers helpful please consider marking them as helpful or correct.
VCIX-DCV, VCIX-NV, VCAP-CMA | vExpert '16, '17, '18
Blog: http://niktips.wordpress.com | Twitter: @nick_andreev_au
0 Kudos
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vcenter working on dist switch and when i create and enable lcap then vcenter going to lost connettion. Vcenter and virtual machine same port group And Same vlan .So i cant creat lcap

0 Kudos
Teddy092
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think you should follow @Nick_Andreev's advice. If you lost connectivity after you enabled LACP on your vCenter, that mean that it is not enable on the other side which is your switch.

I don't see what else it could be with all the info you shared.

I suggest you check again your switch's settings and make sure LACP is enabled.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons. Many thanks.
0 Kudos