VMware Cloud Community
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

deplow vm

when deploying a new vm be sure to select the proper guest os so if i wrong deploy vm on vcenter .what are the problems. do you have a list of this ? I am looking for deep information about possible problems. thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you deploy a new VM and select the wrong hardware, you can sometimes get an non-optimal hardware configuration because this is templated. And if you're using automation, the guest OS identifier can make things like customizations fail. What are you concerns as to why you may be selecting the wrong guest OS? Do you anticipate some workflow where this is regularly incorrect?

0 Kudos
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

we are experiencing some performance problems and I'm investigating why

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You'll have to be more specific. "Performance problems" could mean any of a billion different things.

0 Kudos
goodface
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i know but I am investigating what kinds of problems this misjudgment may have. I could not find any documents.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You'll need to provide more information if you want details. As I said, choosing the wrong OS during the wizard can create the VM with virtual hardware that is either inappropriate or suboptimal for that OS. So in the case of a vNIC, this can mean higher guest OS utilization and lower overall throughput and performance. In the case of a storage controller, it can mean the same thing and other conditions.

0 Kudos