VMware Cloud Community
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

dell poweredge 2850

i know this system is on the hcl but can someone please send me screenshots of the esxi health tab i would lvoe to see how much montioring can esxi see on this server.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

I think it will be very difficult to find someone, with esxi on an 2850 running.

Why not installing an esxi in a vmworkstation, so there you can se the results and effect on your own.

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos
GergMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am running ESXi 4.0 Update 1 on a PE2850, and have been for about 6 months. I have the Essentials package, which tab do you want to see, Hardware Status? I've attached that.

0 Kudos
vitvik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Have you managed to run x64 guest on it? if yes - how?

thanks

0 Kudos
alvinswim
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

to Run x64 hosts on Esx4 or 4i you need to have a processor that has VT (core and core 2 Xeons, etc). which only the 9 series Dell servers have... one of the pages in the manual or HCL actually sayz something along that line.. sorry..

0 Kudos
GergMN
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The 2850 that I have does not support 64-bit guest OS's, and that's fine with me, it hosts VM's that are 32-bit OS's. My PE 2950 DOES support 64-bit guest OS's, so I can host any VM's I want on that server. I have the Essentials package, and HA and VMotion aren't included, so I don't have to worry about that.

0 Kudos
vitvik
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for info...

0 Kudos