VMware Cloud Community
dbljakaj
Contributor
Contributor

datastore lost

Hello everyone,

I started my Esxi 6.5 some days ago after weeks of inactivity, 

I could launch the vm but then access to it was impossible by console and unreachable with icmp..

When i went on datastore, I saw 0 GB everywhere, now even datastore dissapeared and my disk is marked in error state,

I joined screenshot for more details but I'm unable to detect where the problem could come from,

any help is welcome 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@dbljakaj 

Moderator: Moved to ESXi Discussions, the {code} area where you posted this is for API/SDK matters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
atakacs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

well clearly your storage is gone...

Reviewing your screenshot it would seems that this is local storage, basically a 512Gb SSD. Is it still "seen" in the BIOS ? Can you move it to another PC to make sure it still operates normaly ? It might "simply" have died on you...

0 Kudos
emre20
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Are you sure your ESXI host is accessing the disks? Can you check the network card.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

It seems your disk is gone (failed). Just remove it from the current server and test it in another one ...

BTW, can you tell me did you set up the ESXi host on the volume of this device?! I think this is the only storage you have in your host, so do not execute any power action on the ESXi if you didn't yet. Then run the following command and put the result screen here:

ls -lrth /vmfs/volumes/

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos