VMware Cloud Community
danilodicesare
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

data recovery 1.2.1 and vcenter 4.1

Hi all,

installed data recovery, i can ping appliance, i can login from https but when a try to connect from VC to DR i've got infinite password prompt (default user Administrator with windows login in vSphere). pwd sure is right...anyone knows why?

tnx

dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

i found it http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101821...

Please consider marking my answer as "helpful" or "correct"

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

if you try login in appliance -->

The default login for the VMware Data Recovery appliance is root. The default password for the VMware Data Recovery appliance is vmw@re.
if you need connect VDR at VC, you need use any user with admistrative privilegies in vcenter.
*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
danilodicesare
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mauro,

yes i can access to CentOS but i cannot login (have look image) every time i put a password prompt flash again and ask me to put pwd again.

login.JPG

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you using root for the username and vmw@re as the password. Unless you have changed them that is the default.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

check if firewall is ok .

requeriments of ports:

Data Recovery443TCPData Recovery AppliancevCenter ServerVDR to vCenter Server communications
Data Recovery902TCPData Recovery ApplianceESX HostVDR to ESX communications
Data Recovery22024TCPData Recovery vSphere Client Plug-inData Recovery ApplianceData Recovery management

0 Kudos
danilodicesare
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i'm not clear on explanation.

i do can login to appliance (root vmw@re, i've googled it).....but i cannot login from vCenter see image posted...

from vCenter i have to connect to appliance and login BUT with vcenter username and password (same credential as windows or different user, all administrator enabled).

i have no FW and all comunication are ok, only problem is login and password.....

tnx anyway

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

i found it http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101821...

0 Kudos
danilodicesare
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

dns stuff....incredible Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
PrabhakarPradee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wow!! Thanks dr friend, It was 'helpful"