VMware Cloud Community
uyozTic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

corrupt linux VM vol

not sure if this is a linux or vmware question ... but i'll post here to begin with.

at home i have free ESXi 5.1 running and a synology NAS that has linux VM's. recently the power got accidently switched off on the synology and the linux VM's have some corruption issues.

they boot but not fully and trying to umount a volume to run fsck results in that particular target busy, so unable to run fsck against that target.

is there a vmware tool like fsck that can run on the vm while the vm is powered down to fix corruption issues since i can't seem to umount the volume i need to fix?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
uyozTic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

never mind. was able to get partial networking running on VM's in maintenance mode and copied 'testdisk' to the VM's. they are corrupt but i was able to get a disk image of both copied over to my synology. the config files and documents i need are there and intact. didn't have a recent backup but no worries now.

so the heck with getting the these VM's to run i'll install new VM's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
uyozTic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

never mind. was able to get partial networking running on VM's in maintenance mode and copied 'testdisk' to the VM's. they are corrupt but i was able to get a disk image of both copied over to my synology. the config files and documents i need are there and intact. didn't have a recent backup but no worries now.

so the heck with getting the these VM's to run i'll install new VM's.

0 Kudos