VMware Cloud Community
dlee_12
Contributor
Contributor

connection from hp gbe2c to esx

hi! I've hp c3000 with a few blade svrs slotted in there. these svrs are running esxi. The hp chassis has a hp switch with 4 1000mbps ethernet port. I configured 2 pairs channel group to connect to my 2 core switches. I can ping the HP switch management interface 172.16.100.9 (vlan6) from my cisco core switches. I also can ping from the hp switch to all my other gateway of hosts in other network segment, but i can't ping my esx host address. I've configured trunk on my uplink to my 2 core switches, and i believe this portion is working fine. The issue is the connection from my blade svrs to the hp switch. My esx mgt network interface is configured as vlan4 (esx vlan) and i believe the connection from the hp sw to my blade svrs' internal nic is configured with tagging/trunking as well.

The file attached is the hp switch configuration. currently i've 2 svrs in the chassis using port 2,10 and port 5,13. Can anyone help me to check what did i miss here? I've been trying this for a few days, but can't to get it to work. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dlee_12
Contributor
Contributor

hi! all....here's the hp sw config file...pls advise. thx

0 Kudos
dlee12
Contributor
Contributor

hi! Anyone can assist in this? I've tried for quite sometimes and still not able to get it to work. thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
MallocArray
Contributor
Contributor

Something to be aware of; With the c7000 (and I assume c3000), the mangement of the switches is happening through the Onboard Administrator. I've been able to completely disconnect my blade switches from the rest of the network and still remote in through the mangement IP of the switches because the OA was still online.

I think you need to take another look at the switch configuration as being able to ping the IP of the switch doesn't tell you that everything is up and running.

0 Kudos