VMware Cloud Community
gymiv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

connect esxi to vcenter

I have 2 esxi 5 servers I have installed vcenter on a virtual machine on one of the esxi servers. How do i connect vserver to the esxi machines?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you may think about creating a cluster under your datacenter.  This way, if you are licensed for it, you can utilize HA/DRS.  You would just "add host" to the cluster.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Once you have vCenter installed, you'll start the vSphere client and connect to the hostname or IP for the vCenter server (instead of the ESXi hosts).  You'll then create a new datacenter under the vCenter host (in the navigation pane on the left side of the screen).  After you've created a datacenter, you can either create a cluster (and then add your hosts) or just add your hosts.

0 Kudos
gymiv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do i connect to the hostname or ip? Where is the ability to do that.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

On the vSphere client login screen it asks for;

IP address / Name:   -  you'll enter the IP address or hostname (assuming you have DNS or some name resolution working) of the vCenter host

User name - a local administrator account for the vCenter server

Password - for the above account

gymiv
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured it out once your in vcenter create a datastore, name it, right click on the datastore to add hosts. thanks 

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you may think about creating a cluster under your datacenter.  This way, if you are licensed for it, you can utilize HA/DRS.  You would just "add host" to the cluster.

0 Kudos