Contributor
Contributor

cant add domain users to permissions

I only see server users after adding ESXi hosts to domain

on one of 3 identical servers the same thing worked ! 2 are not working

what possibly is different?

I have verified DNS settings several times

the server even shows up on the domain in AD

when going to permissions tab and clicking add I see only server but should also see my domain

how can I solve this ?  I am a vmware noob so please be gentle  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cbarbre17
Contributor
Contributor

Sheetzdw:

In order to see your domain users, and give them permissions to your VMware infrastructure you first need to add the identity source to your SSO configuration. You will first need to log into your Web Client with the default SSO account.  From there browse to the  "Administration" section on the left.  When in the Administration section browse to "Configuration" which should be under the sub heading of "Single Sign-On".  Select Identity Sources tab on the right, then to add a source click the green plus below.  In our environment we have found that adding a domain controller as "Active Directory as a LDAP Server" to work best for us.

You can browse the documentation center below for a more detailed walk through. Once you get the source added, you should be able to go back to permissions and add users from your domain.

vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
sheetzdw
Contributor
Contributor

I dont think that is it, I am using the vsphere local client, I do not have vcenter installed or SSO 

it does work on one server so... what else could it be? I followed the document on how to set up domain authentication

0 Kudos