Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cannot add host to vcenter 5.5

Hi,

we have a cluster of three hosts with following builds:

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 VMware ESXi 5.5.0 build-1331820

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 VMware ESXi 5.5.0 build-2068190

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 VMware ESXi 5.5.0 build-1623387

I try to add the 4th host with the build number: VMware-ESXi-5.5.0-Update3-3248547-HPE-550.9.4.5.7-Dec2015

i get the following error:

vc-h-err.png

any help appreciated...

regards

4 Replies
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

using vSphere Client, are you able to do direct connection to that esxi host?

if not, go to DCUI of the host and restart management agent under network settings. also double check that host doesn't have locked down mode enabled, sometimes, when we have host managed to some other vCenter server, it might have lockdown mode enabled which needs to be disabled from DCUI.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
mnaitvpro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi npadmani,

Yes i can connect directly to the esxi host using vSphere client.

The fourth esxi host is newly formatted, under DCUI, i noticed lockdown mode is greyed out which is by default unless the host is added to vCenter

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

and the management network settings, including DNS servers, please double check everything there to see that all the details are correct.

is Name resolution happening without any trouble? see if you can identify any mis-coefiguraton there.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

With Update 3b, VMware disabled SSLv3 on the host for security reasons. Although it is possible to re-enable this protocol again on the host (see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2139396), the recommendation is to upgrade vCenter Server to the latest.

André