1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Prakash,

Try using RvTools ..I am sure you would like the software    

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You want a listing of all VMs in a cluster?

0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes

0 Kudos
homerzzz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sure. You can use the vSphere client, click on the cluster name and then select the Virtual Machines tab. Or in the web client, select the cluster then go to the related objects>virtual machines.

You can use powercli:   get-cluster -Name <your cluster's name> | get-vm

You can select specific properties and sort with powercli

0 Kudos
aleph0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

... or just select the cluster --> VM tab --> export list

there are many format in whish you can export

remember to add all the columns of your interest before exporting.

if you think that this answer suite your needs please mark as answered and give points!

thanks

\aleph

\aleph0 ____________________________ http://virtualaleph.blogspot.com/ ############### If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I would recommed using RVtools . It is pretty smooth and easy to get inventory reports from vCenter or host.

www.robware.net/

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
prakash9339
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am unable to find export list

0 Kudos
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Prakash,

Try using RvTools ..I am sure you would like the software    

0 Kudos
aleph0
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

using vsphere --> select cluster --> file --> export list

\aleph

\aleph0 ____________________________ http://virtualaleph.blogspot.com/ ############### If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
King_Robert
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

in Virtual Center, select the cluster, select the virtual machines tab

file>export list..and export a list of vm’s as a webpage, csv-file, xls-file

From CLI Mode you can use this command to export list of VMs in Cluster

Get-Cluster "Cluster Name" | Get-VM | Export-CSV C:\ListVMsInCluster.csv

0 Kudos
JLackman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For people who like screenshots;

First, highlight the cluster as shown below in red;

1.PNG

Then click on "Virtual Machines" in the right pane, so all of the associated virtual machines are listed as shown below;

2.PNG

Then go up to the very top left "file" menu and select file/export/export list as shows below. If you don't have the virtual machines showing in the right tab, then the "export list" will be unavailable. It only exports what's in the right pane.

3.PNG

Hope this helps for those who like graphics, but it's the same process that the other guys mentioned. Also, I second the comments about RVTools; it's very handy.

0 Kudos
btkrausen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Agree with PJ in that the easiest way is to use RVTools. Been using it for years to pull inventory of everything from VMs to hosts and everything in between.

vExpert 2014 & 2015, VCAP-DCA, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, VCP4, VCP3, CCNA, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST, A+, Net+, Sec+
kashifkarar01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Prakash,

I have used these instructions and worked well for me by just using vSphere client:

1- Open the vSphere Client and connect to your vCenter

2- From the top menu go to View ==> Inventory ==> VMs & Templates

3- From the inventory list on the left side choose the VMs you want to include in your inventory export or choose a top level folder that includes the VMs you want to export

4- Choose the Virtual Machines tab from the the tabs on the top of the right side.

5- You might want to modify the filter to include other items like Virtual machines IPs, Hostname, & the similar.

6- From the top menu go to File => Export => Export list.

7- Choose the format you want to save the list into (CSV, Html, & XML are some of the available format).

Note: You can repeat the above steps for exporting hosts inventory in vCenter and the similar as well!

0 Kudos