VMware Cloud Community
BITP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

can't connect my vsphere client to manage my host...pls help!!

Thank you for reading...i am new to esxi 5.1 and  inherit a Dell T110 running one -250gb HD for OS (Esxi and Server 2008 r2) and 2-1TB H.D for SHARE DATA mirrow with Microsoft software......(what a mess ah)

everything was going well till about 2 weeks that i can't connect to mange the server,  it's giving me the error:

Vsphere client could not connect to "IP"

AN unknown connection error occurred. ( The client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error ocurred on a send.))

If i point the browswer to the host IP as: https://hostip (page cannot be display)

-Windows server is up and running

-i can ping the Esxi

Problem is that i  have to upgrade the memory,  and i am affraid that after that  i won't connect.....and then i am in big trouble...because i have to manually turn on the server inside the Esxi.

I do have backup, but the person before me was not doing backups with veeam..instead they used regular windows backup software to a usb drive....i tried to create a baremetal recovery and of course did not work...it was asking me for a driver....i believe it was for the hard drive....i have free veeam now..but i can't connect it either...to the Esxi box.

i would appreciate any suggestion.....thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
noahlhric
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Do you have physical console access to the Dell T110?  Can you log in there?  If so, you could restart the management agents:

VMware KB: Restarting the Management agents on an ESXi or ESX host

You could also enable the shell which would allow you to try all sorts of connectivity tests:

VMware KB: Using ESXi Shell in ESXi 5.x

Connectivity tests:

VMware KB: Troubleshooting network and TCP/UDP port connectivity issues on ESX/ESXi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
noahlhric
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Do you have physical console access to the Dell T110?  Can you log in there?  If so, you could restart the management agents:

VMware KB: Restarting the Management agents on an ESXi or ESX host

You could also enable the shell which would allow you to try all sorts of connectivity tests:

VMware KB: Using ESXi Shell in ESXi 5.x

Connectivity tests:

VMware KB: Troubleshooting network and TCP/UDP port connectivity issues on ESX/ESXi

0 Kudos
jredwine2857
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey BITP,

1 quick possibilty...duplicate IP on the network..try pinging and then looking at your arp cache (arp -a) and see what MAC addy it's showing.  Then do a lookup at www.coffer.com/mac_find/ and see if it shows as Dell.

Otherwise, what noah said, get console access to it and restart the mgmt agent.

0 Kudos
BITP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you but i all ready did a network scan....and that ip is reserverd in the firewall dhcp.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
BITP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, i will try that....i do have access to the server....and i willl also enable shell...thanks

0 Kudos
BITP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!!! it worked...100%

Now if u can just direct me a little about adding a repository to veeam...is a local hard drive....when i try to add it says: (this server Failed to install deployment service.

Retrieve the COM class factory for components with CLSID.

ERRO: 80040154 class not register.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos