VMware Cloud Community
IB_IT
Expert
Expert

can't change speed/duplex for Intel 82599EB 10GB adapter

Hi all,

A couple questions I have.  I'm using 5.5 update 2 and have a couple uplinks that I cannot change negotiation settings...when I go to change the speed/duplex settings, autonegotiation is not an available option...it's only 10000/full, so these uplinks are manually set to 10000/full.  I am wondering if this will cause an issue as I thought negotiation was supposed to be set to auto across the board from vmnic to physical switchport.  I will confirm with the network engineers what our switchports are set at.

I don't know if I want to go though the trouble and actually fix this...there doesn't seem to be an issue in the environment, but I just found this and don't want to leave it if it could be a major problem.

If I do fix it I am wondering what is wrong with it...I'm almost 100% certain it's some kind of driver issue.  The current driver details are as follows:

driver: ixgbe

version: 3.15.1.8iov

firmware-version: 0x80000647, 15.0.27

bus-info: 0000:01:00.1

version 3.21.4.3 is currently out so I'm guessing I need to upgrade first, then I should be able to change the negotiation settings.  Has anyone else seen this?

0 Kudos
0 Replies