VMware Cloud Community
baudo
Contributor
Contributor

browser datastore NO detailed info object and sorting type

Good morning everyone
I come from managing esxi 6 with vsphere client version 6 in which the datastore browser contains detailed information on the files it contains, as well as allowing uploading and downloading of complete folders. Moving (migrate) to the new version of esxi 7.0.3 and its VMFS6 datastore I cannot view the complete information of the files in the datastore browser, essentially I cannot know the weight of each contained object. Furthermore, it is not possible to sort the contents in any way, or perhaps I cannot find how to do it. To explain better, I attach an image of the old datastore browser on vsphere 6 and the new datastore browser on ESXi 7.0.3.
Please, does anyone have an idea on how to view the complete information on the files without necessarily having to interface with Filezilla via SSH?

Thank you for any help

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The old vCenter desktop client can't be compared with the browser based interface. If you want to see the closest to this interface, you need to connect the host to vCenter and browse the datastore files from the vCenter web client.
0 Kudos
baudo
Contributor
Contributor

yes, I know that they are very different, but I don't have Vcenter because I'm using the free version of VMWare (for now) so I would like to understand if it is possible to view the details of the files in another way without vCenter. There must be a system that doesn't force you to use vCenter for a small infrastructure, right?
Thanks for the tips.

0 Kudos