VMware Cloud Community
CapiZikus
Contributor
Contributor

big bug in 4.1 - when it will get resolve? any eta?

I have reported the bug about cut, copy and paste which stop wokring on 4.1 both esx and esxi version, could someone confirm when this will get fix? my college been advised from the vmware that it is a bug and they're aware of the issue, is anyone know when a new patch will be relase?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bshubinsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'd probably say whenever Update 1 rolls out. Considering 4.1 just recently came out, it might be a little while.

0 Kudos
golddiggie
Champion
Champion

I really wouldn't call that a 'big bug' since it's easily worked around... At most, it's an annoyance IF you're looking to copy/paste from your system to a VM through the console... Easy workarounds include using RDP to connect to the VM, or moving a text file containing the information either to the VM, or connecting to a text file via an UNC path... To me, it's not a show stopper, hell, it barely even slows me down...

I'm sure there are many far more important items that VMware engineers are working on... So when they get around to this one, they will...

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

0 Kudos
CapiZikus
Contributor
Contributor

hi golddiggie,

I disagree with you on this point, your work around is for beginner and not really for our environment.

I have over 2000 VMs running on LM and all of them running on fench mode and do not connect to physical network, therefore the RDP is not an option. More over do not advise us to change the "isolation.tools.copy.enable" in vmx file, which mean all linked clone of all VMs need to change which not possible even we create custum script ourselve!

It is not a slow stopper, it is a silly bug which shouldnt happend at the first plac, what more important than launch a new product and overlook on a silly feature?

I have open a case for almost three week with them, they admitted this is a bug which I would like toknow the eta for this case.

0 Kudos
CapiZikus
Contributor
Contributor

the problem resolved! thanks to my good friend!

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1595264#1595264

0 Kudos
dmadden
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is by design with ESX 4.1. Copy and paste operations are disabled by default for security reasons. This is outlined on page 209 of our ESX Configuration Guide: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_41_esx_server_config.pdf. Thanks.

0 Kudos