VMware Cloud Community
Kermit67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

apply critical updates without changing versions

For compatibility reasons my cluster must remain in 7.0.2ua.

How to apply critical updates without changing versions ?

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Every update bumps the version, so in short, there's no way to apply any update without bumping the version.  Is there a specific reason you must stay on 7.0 U2a?  The only thing I can think of is some third party vendor talking directly to ESXi that has some policy of "we haven't tested it so it's not supported", which with how far back U2a is at this point, I would evaluate this vendor's value vice the risk they are putting your org under by not mitigating security flaws and bug fixed to keep your production systems safe and secure.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Every update bumps the version, so in short, there's no way to apply any update without bumping the version.  Is there a specific reason you must stay on 7.0 U2a?  The only thing I can think of is some third party vendor talking directly to ESXi that has some policy of "we haven't tested it so it's not supported", which with how far back U2a is at this point, I would evaluate this vendor's value vice the risk they are putting your org under by not mitigating security flaws and bug fixed to keep your production systems safe and secure.

0 Kudos
Kermit67
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok.

I must stay to 7.0.2ua version because of next version are not "approuved" by NUTANIX support at this time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tibmeister
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Ah yes, Nutanix, hence the reason why they lost the bid in my environment.  Unfortunately, no, you cannot apply anything until they get around to testing it.  Why they haven't even tested U2c is beyond me, but that's going to be a problem for you.

0 Kudos