ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Apr 06, 2010 10:05 PM

Is there a way to show a real time graph of the overall performance of an esxi server on a web page? I want the general public to see the current performance of my server.

• 2.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Apr 06, 2010 10:13 PM

Veeam Monitor is free and may be as close as your going to get. Or something like vFoglight

• 3.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Apr 06, 2010 11:31 PM

I sent out emails to both companies asking if they had anything like that. Maybe you could answer another question. I know esx/esxi has a powered on vm limit per host of 320 vms. And I've seen on other posts that it's a recommended limit but not a hard limit. Why is it a recommened limit? Whats the harm in having more powered on vms? They would just use more system resources which is fine because it's all virtualized.

• 4.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Apr 06, 2010 11:44 PM

I'd like to know what you have for a host server that can run more than 320 VM's concurrently... I suspect the limit is set so high since, at the time, there wasn't a single host server that could provide enough resources to run more than that amount of VMs at a single time. I would also suspect that with a future release the limit will be increased due to advances in hardware technologies.

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

• 5.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Apr 07, 2010 02:30 AM

Actually we have a single server with 256GB of ram, 4 quad core xeons and a butt load of san hd space. We are using around 260vms for production/test/dev environments as well as workbench areas, virtualized workstations, a ton of dbs, lan vms such as our windows server, file server and the rest is used for other departments in our company. Keep in mind it's our ONLY server so theres no need for vmotion or anything else. But yeah, I'm just curious if it was a hard 320 limit or a soft one and if a soft one, whats the down side to going beyond that limit.

• 6.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Apr 07, 2010 09:27 PM

bump

• 7.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Apr 07, 2010 10:02 PM

If you are asking about the 320:1 ESX(i) Host, that is a maximum supported limit. You could probably get more, but why? Hope you never have a hardware failure.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_config_max.pdf

• 8.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 07, 2010 10:06 PM

To be 'safe' I'd want at least two (or three) identical servers to ensure HA functioned properly. Safer to use three, making sure everything is properly configured for at least one host failure and still have all VM's up and running... I would NOT want to put all my eggs into that one server basket... Besides, scheduling hardware maintenance/upgrades/etc is going to be a nightmare...

VMware VCP4

Consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

• 9.  RE: able to show performance graph on a website

Posted Sep 19, 2023 08:12 PM

To display a performance graph on a website, you need to collect relevant performance data, choose a suitable graphing library like Chart.js, format your data appropriately, create the graph by defining its type and appearance, embed it within your website's HTML structure, and ensure compatibility and security. Optionally, you can implement real-time updates for dynamic data visualization. It's crucial to regularly maintain and update the graph to provide your audience with accurate and up-to-date performance metrics while attributing the data platform and addressing security considerations if necessary.