VMware Cloud Community
Kake
Contributor
Contributor

Yet another unable to connect to the MKS: Failed to connect to server [ip]:903 thread

Hello,

I've been searching solutions to connection problem for virtual console. I keep getting "unable to connect to the MKS: Failed to connect to server :903" error. I noticed there are lot of similar problems, but none of the answers seem to be working.

On network firewall I can see traffic to port 903 allowed. Firewall is configured to allow ANY port to the that network from my network. I can see sent and received traffic to ports 443 and 902. Port 903 has no received traffic at all. So connection allowed but now is data moving.

First what I checked was ESX firewall

./esxcfg-firewall --allowIncoming --allowOutgoing

2010-10-19 10:01:52 (2443) WARN : Setting firewall default /firewall/blockIncoming to 0

2010-10-19 10:01:53 (2443) WARN : Setting firewall default /firewall/blockOutgoing to 0

Then I checked my firewall

netsh>firewall show state

Service not running

I did telnet test to see if ports are open.

Telnet to 902 connects ok but 903 still giving me time out.

So there should be no connection problem to port 903, but it is not answering to me. Any ideas why this is so? It's like traffic to port 903 would be routed to wrong route.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kake
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to mention that I pretty much done steps in this document http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=749640. To exception step 1. which I shouldn't need to do since firewall is open to port 903.

0 Kudos
Kake
Contributor
Contributor

I was unable to find the problem so I did the step 1. Now it is working.

0 Kudos