VMware Cloud Community
johntank1
Contributor
Contributor

Would Like to learn more.

I am John Tankersley. I have ESXI 6.5.0 Build 5969303 running on a used HP P4300 G2 Server running 2 Zeon Processors.

I got the vmware running and created vm running Linux on it. I can connect to the server and run the vm with linux.

I am new to this and just started learning. I wish to find some books and more sites to learn how to use this ?

Can anyone give me some directions?

John Tankersley

john_tnkrsly@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Lab: Getting Started with vSphere 6.5 Hands-on Lab

Book: Mastering vSphere 6.5

Videos: Search on YouTube, sign up to PluralSight or the VMware Learning Zone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

What exactly do you want to learn ?

Are you aware that to run what is called "a vSphere environment" or do you want to learn how to run VMs on a single ESXi host ?

That makes a big difference !

If you want to learn vSphere you need a VM with vCenter - that is another Linux VM that is used to manage several ESXi hosts.

If you want to learn how to work with a single free ESXi host then I highly recommend NOT to read any documentation right now.

Instead use your common sense and find out which files are required to build a VM - you will need WinSCP to make progress.

Unfortunately the complete VMware documentation is written for "vSphere" and great parts of the documentation does not apply to the single ESXi-host usecase.

0 Kudos