VMware Cloud Community
Black_kadush200
Contributor
Contributor

Windows server installed on ESXi and domain controller issue

Hi Everyone

I have an issue with my DOmain controller and DHCP on my VM.

I'm currently run on ESXi 5.5 and I recently installed the windows server 2016 on that. I have 2 problems which they might be related.

1. When i tried to installed DHCP its failed but when i disable the network card and installed it, Its actually install the service and after enabling it its seems its working.( I kind of want to know why that's happened).

2.I installed AD DC on server and when i try to bring other people to the domain it find the domain, its ask for username and password but it cant connect to it. Any idea what part might go wrong?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I might be missing something, but what does this possibly have to do with ESXi?

0 Kudos
Gidrakos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I believe they're inquiring if there's some kind of network misconfiguration on their ESXi server since their DC is failing to cooperate.

if that's the case, we will need a bit more info before we can start suggesting things to look at fixing.

Honestly, something as silly as the time server being wrong could be their issue...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Those issues sound suspect. Only the second one sounds like something could be caused by time. But yes, absolutely check and ensure your ESXi host is synched to an internal, reliable time source and that your VMs are getting the right time as well.

0 Kudos