VMware Cloud Community
the4amfriend
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Server VM 'stuck' on unlock screen

So on top of my esxi, I run a Windows server 2019 which used to often just disconnect when I RDP into it. So I increased the memory and RAM to see if it helps. Currently it runs on 2 CPUs, 20GB RAM and 500GB storage. It was fine for a while but then again today, it just disconnected and when I tried to check what's wrong within esxi, the VM seems to have gone to limbo. I cannot get it to respond, it's at the lock screen wanting me to login but it does not respond to any input. A restart will most likely fix it but I'm trying to understand why this happens? 

The only symptoms I see are that the VM becomes unresponsive and I see a spike in CPU & memory usage. Attached image of said hike in usage but it does return back to normal after a bit but still leaves me with an unresponsive VM. 

Attached is my VM support bundle if anybody can have a look. Thanks in advance, 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported to moderators, it needs moving elsewhere within the forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos