VMware Cloud Community
cfsullivan
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Guest LSI_SAS Errors

We have some Windows 2008 R2 SP1 guests running on a 3 node cluster where the hosts are ESXi 4.1.0.  When heavy IO disk operations occur, there are application problems on the servers, and in the System Event Log on these guests we get Event ID 129 with a Source of LSI_SAS.  The data stores are all new EMC VMax Fibre Channel.

This is a bit difficult because I do not administer the vSphere environment, nor the storage.  Because I am a Windows admin, I am being asked to approach the problem as an OS one.

I am just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this, or has an clues as to what is the cause.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Even though this might not be the cause of your issue, MSCS is only supported as a 2 node cluster!

André

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I would suggest that this should be a team effort. It is always useful to assemble logs and without the other two log sources there isn't much to go on.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
cfsullivan
Contributor
Contributor

This may have been unclear.  The hosts are in a 3 node cluster.  The guests are standalone.  The hosts are not running Windows.  By the way the hosts are IBM HX5 blades.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Assuming you are treating this like a Windows issue, why you are asking the question here? What leads you to believe this is a VMware problem? Have you investigated this from the Windows OS side?

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

I just saw my post and I didn't intend for it to sound confronting. Just looking for further information.

0 Kudos
cfsullivan
Contributor
Contributor

This is just one place that I intend to seek help.  I said in my post "I am just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this."  It's a server that's running on VMware.  If I was getting the same sort of errors on an IBM server, I may look to their Web site for help.

0 Kudos
butlpau1
Contributor
Contributor

Check the Power Management options to make sure they are set to High Performance as opposed to Balanced - Windows Server 2012 & R2.

0 Kudos