VMware Cloud Community
ScorpioJonesy
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 2008 R2 Templates and VM Tools installs

Hi

I have created a couple of 2008 R2 templates but I am having some problems with the VM Tools installs. When I created a template I did a custom install of the tools and remove shard folders. I then added the updated drive for video so it removes the choppy console. If I deploy a Vm from this template I find the VM Tools not working quite right. The system tray icon is there, it joins the domain, driver for the vmxnet3 work etc, however the video is choppy again even though it is using the correct driver. To correct this I have found the easiest thing to do is to repair on the VM tools install and after a reboot it is fine.

Is this normal? At the moment it is not a major issue but more of a niggle I would like to fix

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
samansalehi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Friend, it seems that your vmtools crush, first try to convert the VM back from template to VM, try to reconfigure the VMtools and your OS agian (or do whatever you do when u deploy a VM), then convert it again to Template and see if it work properly or not?

If this is hepful or correct, would u please mark it as "Helpful" or "Correct"?

Thank u

Saman

ScorpioJonesy
Contributor
Contributor

Had to fully uninstall the tools then reinstall them again. Once that was done I was able to template again without a problem.

0 Kudos