VMware Cloud Community
dme1
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 2003 Server VM

Hi,

I am trying to create a Windows 2003 Server VM using vSphere Client on ESXi. The Windows 2003 Server is supplied as 2 ISO files. How can I proivide the 2 ISO files for creation of the VM, are there any tools available to combine these into one ISO file which can be used for the VM creation.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Installing the OS in a VM is basically the same as installing it on physical hardware. You'll  have to connect the first ISO and start the installation and once needed disconnect the first ISO and connect the second one.

André

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Hi,

As those 2 iso not required at a time, first boot with 1st iso file. As the installation starts, later on it will be promt for the 2nd cd. There connect 2nd iso to proceed further.

It won't disturb anything. The same applies for installing OS in physical machine too.

If you are not comfortable with this method. You can use Virtual CD (Daemon tools or Alcohol 120%) with the help of Poweriso or Magic Iso - You can convert it to single iso

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
dme1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Magic ISO free version does not support > 300 Mb. Can you point me to any links which show how I can combine the multiple ISOs into one. I eventually want to automate building of the Virtual Appliance using VMWare Studio, which I believe accepts a single ISO only.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
nava_thulasi39

Hi,

Obviously it won't work in Trial version.

Please have a look on below link, It's Magic ISO site link. It has step by step instruction for it

http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-create-multi-os-cd.htm

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos