VMware Cloud Community
crescendas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Will connectivity issue cause these errors?

We have a remote ESXi host connecting to our vCenter in HQ thru an unreliable WAN connection. Thus, we already expect some connectivity warnings to appear in the events list. However, we did not expect to receive the following and wonder could connectivity issue trigger these events or is there something more serious we need to fix?

1. Error detected on 192.168.120.60 in Aqueen Lavender: Agent unable to  save configuration to disk: Error syncing firmware configuration:  vim.fault.TooManyWrites
  2. Alarm 'Host service console swap rates' on 192.168.120.60 changed from Green to Gray
  3. Alarm 'Host memory usage' on 192.168.120.60 changed from Green to Gray
  4. Alarm 'Host cpu usage' on 192.168.120.60 changed from Green to Gray
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Looks like you have some sort of disk issue.  You'll want to look at the system (/var/log/messages) log file for the host.

0 Kudos
crescendas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have check my log but it doesn't show anything related to disk issue. However, there are a hugh number of lines just on: Is FT primary?

I have no vmware FT on this host, so why does this keep coming out?

I also notice that these 3 errors always appears right after a disconnection. Thus, I suspect that the CPU and Memory usage must be trigger by lost of communication with vCenter instead real Host CPU and Memory usage increment:

1. Alarm 'Host service console swap rates' on 192.168.120.60 changed from Green to Gray
  2. Alarm 'Host memory usage' on 192.168.120.60 changed from Green to Gray
  3. Alarm 'Host cpu usage' on 192.168.120.60 changed from Green to Gray
0 Kudos