VMware Cloud Community
Quisenberry
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I now have to select "Assign a New Signature" option when failing over to DR Site

Ok, I have been on HP LeftHand SANS and VMware 5 for some time now.  I have 5 hosts and 3 SANs at both my main location and my disaster recovery location.  This setup has always been flawless when performing my disaster recovery tests.  I use to be able to sever all connections to my main location and begin marking all datastores as primary at my DR location on my LeftHands.  Then I would assign all 5 hosts to the datastore on the SAN side.  I then moved over to vShere and rescanned for datastores, add datastore, selected datastore and selected "keep Existing Signature".  This would assign that datastore to all hosts.  Now (I believe after upgrade to 5.1) it will only assign it to 1 out of the 5 hosts and you cannot go back and assign it to others.  It is forcing me to select "Assign a New Signature" to get access to multiple hosts now.  I cannot find any repercussions of this except for the fact that it renames the datastore when selecting that option.  I'm confused as to why this changed and spent 10 hours and failed my DR test trying to troubleshoot before I realized the fix which was to select the later option.  Any clue anyone?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies