VMware Cloud Community
ddrive
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Which build patch to download from the download portal??

Hello ,

i want to manually download the patch from the vmware portal but dont know if i should just pick the last one or all the ones after my build number.

i Think the ones that are named esx4.1_update02 are bundles and the one with just build numbers are single patches.

is this correct?

thanks in advance.

regards,

Donovan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes, right. The last update for 4.1 is U3, and then you can apply all the subsequent patches.

Marcelo Soares

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes, right. The last update for 4.1 is U3, and then you can apply all the subsequent patches.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
ddrive
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you i will try this tomorrow.

one more question. When attaching the update zip to the update manager, do i have to attach all the required zip builds and update one time? or i need to attach one update one by one ?

regards

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

Follow the steps:

Understanding ESXi Patches – Manually Adding Patches to Update Manager | VMware vSphere Blog - VMwar...

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos