VMware Cloud Community
KingYao
Contributor
Contributor

Where can i find upgrade files (ESXi 4 -> 4.1)?

Hi all,

I have been scrounging around the VMware website trying to find the location of the upgrade packages for ESXi but i have had no luck. The packages i am referring to are the ones with this naming convention: "upgrade-from-ESX4.0-to-4.1.0-0.0.260247-release.zip ", so that i can perform an upgrade with update manager.

Can anyone please tell me where i can find these packages?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

You need to select one of the downloads here - http://downloads.vmware.com/d/info/datacenter_downloads/vmware_vsphere_4/4 and then once you have login, you'll have a variety of download packages. One of which will be ESXi 4.1 (upgrade ZIP from ESXi 4.0)

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009,2010

VMware VCP3,4

VMware VCAP4-DCA

VMware scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

Getting Started with the vMA (tips/tricks)

Getting Started with the vSphere SDK for Perl

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If you are using the free Hypervisor, you can download the upgrade from here Logon and then download the "VMware ESXi 4.1 (upgrade ZIP from ESXi 4.0)" zip. You can see all the downloads when you click on "Show details"

André

0 Kudos
stephenmccloud
Contributor
Contributor

I'm logged in. Cant find the upgrade files anywhere.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

After you have logged in and are at the download page, select the version you want to download by clicking the Download link.  After you accept the license agreement you'll be given a number of download options including the upgrade zip package that you're looking for.

0 Kudos