VMware Cloud Community
dahilu
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I download the image 4.1 U2 Jun 2012 ESXi HD-USB-SDImgeInstlr (Z7550-00800.iso) and How to get a free license for ESXi 4.1?

I want to install hypervisor free ESXi 4.1u2 on the server HP DL380eg8 for virtualization windows xp sp1.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yu_ma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If you want ESXi 4.1 on HP server, HP provide customized ESXi (all device drivers are contained in an ESXi installer) then after installation, you need an ESXi license key to activate ESXi. To get an ESXi license key, download an ESXi installer from the official VM web.

I also need to activate ESXi 4.1 U2 installed on the HP ML350 Gen 8 so I am trying to download ESXi4.1 U2 from a link here,

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=ESXI41U2&productId=230&download=true&fileId...

but can not download it.

I get this error message "You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product.Check with your My VMware Super User, Procurement Contact or Administrator. If you recently purchased this product through VMware Store or through a third-party, try downloading later."

I created another user account and tried but no luck.

0 Kudos
yu_ma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I called VM support and HP support. I was told from VM that VMware doesn't support ESXi 4X any more. An agent  from HP support who is in charge of my case was also told that version 4.1 is no longer available and the version 5 license key cannot be downgraded to version 4. HP support team is still checking if there is any other options.

Please post if anyone had a luck.

0 Kudos