VMware Cloud Community
byleeds
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I determine if 3ware 9650SE RAID Controller is supported?

New here. I cannot find whether this RAID controller set up to do RAID 1 is supported under ESXi 5.0 .  When I try to boot from cd to do install, no disks/RAID volumes are seen.Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you. --Brandon

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

you should check the HCL

http://vmware.com/go/hcl

Looks like it is only compatible up to 4.1U2

1901369.png

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello and Welcome

Here you can check if your hardware is compatible with VMware www.vmware.com/go/hcl

Good luck

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
byleeds
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. Looks like I have to spend a good bit more for another RAID controller card to use 5.0 instead of 4.1.

0 Kudos
Molar1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

check this out:

ftp://tsupport:tsupport@ftp0.lsil.com/private/3Ware/kbarticledrivers/scsi-3w-9xxx-3.26.08.036-1OEM.5...

You must use IE 9.0, no other browser worked for me. So open this post in IE 9, move your mouse over the link, right klick and save as.....

Use a customizer to get the driver into your iso image, if you want to boot from the raid.

Since the driver is not on the official lsi-homepage it is probably not fully supported.

Good luck,
Dirk

0 Kudos
Neil_Agate
Contributor
Contributor

Any tricks on getting the ISO Customizer to work with this. I have tried several times (using ESXi 5.1 ISO and this file) and I get an error something to the effec of : FATAL ERROR: Error removing [BOOT] directory from ISO files!

Any and all help wol be apreciated

Neil

0 Kudos