VMware Cloud Community
jwc1972
Contributor
Contributor

Where Management Tab ?

Hello

We are running VMware 4.0 Vsphere Client 4.0.0  on the help tab they a bit about schedule snapshots, Where is this?

On the navigation bar, select Home > Management > Scheduled Tasks.
Select File > New > Scheduled Task.
In the Select a Task to Schedule dialog box, select Make a Snapshot of a Virtual Machine and click OK
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Scheduled Tasks are a feature of vCenter Server.  The option is not available when you're managing a stand alone host or connecting directly to a host (that is managed by vCenter).  If you don't have vCenter then you could schedule something to run on a scheduled basis in the console.

0 Kudos
jwc1972
Contributor
Contributor

Cheers for that, but why is this in the help file for vsphere? 

0 Kudos
jwc1972
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Yes I have two vm running from vsphere client do I need to download vcentre? What is Vcentre? I thought vsphere was the console to manage VMware VM

Cheers

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

If you have a single host, you can license it with the free edition.  You then use the vSphere client to connect directly to the host.

vCenter is a management server.  You can run it on a physical box or as a VM.  When you have it deployed, you connect to vCenter with the vSphere client and manage your hosts in a single view (rather than connecting directly to each of your hosts).  

You can learn more about vCenter here - http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/small-business/buy.html.

0 Kudos