VMware Cloud Community
letmedream
Contributor
Contributor

When unlocking a VM with dual monitors, screen shrinks into a quarter of single monitor

It was very difficult to find the right wording for the title, so I apologize for the awkwardness of it.

I have a co-worker who is working on a dual screen VM. Agent is 5.1.1, VM tools is up-to-date. Video driver is correct. When she logs in first thing in the morning, her computer works just fine. However, when she goes to lunch (locks the computer) and comes back an hour later, her screen comes up normally, then decides to turn off her secondary monitor and shrink the screen to about a quarter of the size of the primary monitor. She has to log off and log back on the VM in order to make it go back to normal. While this is not a terrible, terrible ordeal, it is annoying.

I've spent the afternoon trying to find a fix online, but I have yet to find something that applies exactly. Anyone have any thoughts or advice? Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Make sure to disable any powersave functions in the Windows desktop.

Also update to the latest clients if possible. (5.3 at the time of writing)

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".