VMware Cloud Community
pksupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What management tools am I licensed for?

I have two identical license keys with the following licensed features. Currently, I am using two instances of the VI Cient to manage these hosts. According to the licensed features, should I also have access to VCenter? I can't download it, it indicates I don't have an applicaple product registration.

I'd like to be able to manage both hosts and use VMotion (and have access to these feautres) from one interface.

Product: vSphere 4 Standard Licensed for 2 physical CPUs (1-6 cores per CPU)

Expires: Never

Product Features:
    Up to 256 GB of memory
    Up to 4-way virtual SMP
    vCenter agent for ESX Server
    vStorage APIs
    VMsafe
    dvFilter
    VMware HA
    vMotion

Thanks!

PK

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have the ability to manage the Hosts using vCenter (the vCenter Agent) but you also need to purchase vCenter separately. For two hosts you can use the Foundation license.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have the ability to manage the Hosts using vCenter (the vCenter Agent) but you also need to purchase vCenter separately. For two hosts you can use the Foundation license.

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you purchase a package or just the individual licenses? You might want to consider one of the Essentials or Acceleration Kits which also include vCenter.

The Essentials kits

http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/vsphere_smbpurchaseoptions.html

Acceleration Kits

http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/vsphere_accel_purchaseoptions.html

pksupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. We purchased the individual licenses separately. I might go ahead and upgrade to 5. I understand I'll get access to everything if I do this before September 1st.

Patrick

0 Kudos