VMware Cloud Community
alvin2
Contributor
Contributor

What is HELPER_MISC_INFRA_QUEUE? (PSOD Issue)

Hi all,

I have been tinkering around with a Dell 7090 and got ESXi installed; however, whenever a request is made to shutdown the host, it purple screens on me with a "PF Exception 14" referencing HELPER_MISC_ and later on referencing "HELPER_MISC_INFRA_QUEUE" for "PCPU0". Does anyone know what "HELPER_MISC_INFRA_QUEUE" does? This only happens during shutdown and does not happen during restart. I could not find any similar issues referenced on the Internet. I did try switching some hardware around to see if it helps, but it did not (did not try swapping CPUs, unfortunately I don't have an extra of those lying around). Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
linkxis
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with Dell OptiPlex 7090. Use ESXi 7.0.2 (17867351) and community network-driver for I219-LM driver. Others all keep default. All goes well except when host powering off, PSOD happens. Restart process is ok.

PSODPSOD

0 Kudos
alvin2
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if you might have seen this (came out a little after my post):

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/71001

It looked like the error we are having (except for reboot), but for ESXi 6.7 citing VMD drives connected through PCIe switch (could also be me being completely wrong). I did testing v2.7.0.1157 of the vmd, but it did not help for my system. Maybe better luck for you or anyone else having a similar problem. 

0 Kudos
legendli
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I got the exactly same issue, did you managed to fix it?

0 Kudos
dhathcock
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to fix this problem? Having the same on Optiplex 7090.

0 Kudos
ask17231
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Dell OptiPlex 7090 MFF with the same problem, has anyone solved it?
0 Kudos
ARB_itadmin
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with a Precision 3650 Tower.  No solution even with 7.0.3 it seems :facepalm:

0 Kudos