VMware Cloud Community
JodyVSU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Web Client - Right-Click Options is Cut Off

When I'm logged into the web client, for our VSphere environment, I can select a VM but when I right-click it, the secondary pop-up window options are truncated or cut off.

I've seen a fix as follows:

- This is easy to fix, go properties of the vSphere Client shortcut >> compatibility >> tick "disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

But that is for the desktop Client.

HELP!

P.S. I've tried different browsers and monitor settings and this occurs in both vSphere Web Client Versions 5.5.0 and 6.5.0 using Firefox (or Chrome) 61.0.

--Jody

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JodyVSU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, it turns out that my Win/7-Pro desired & recommended monitor settings were the culprit. I had the recommended resolution settings but had my text and other items set to 125% size. Once adjusted back to 100%, the pop-up menu displays fully and normally.

Now, I just gotta accept (and get used to) these smaller settings. Ugh!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

You can use the HTML5 client if that addresses your concern. BTW, can you share a screenshot depicting the problem?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
JodyVSU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Supreet, thanks for contributing.

I've added info in the original text and uploaded a pic of the cut-off options window.

Regards.

--Jody

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Interesting Smiley Happy I'm not sure if there is any fix to this owing to it being browser based, workaround would be to zoom in/out the browser tab till you are able to see the complete drop-down menu.

For me, it works when I'm at 100 percent while using chrome. Be it at 90 or 110 of the zoom, the drop-down is truncated. Once you identify the optimal value and set it, it should stay up.

Please consider marking this answer as "correct" or "helpful" if you think your questions have been answered.

Cheers,

Supreet

JodyVSU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Supreet, your answer does help but I'm currently testing your idea at 50% and the sub-menu options are still truncated and yet the image is far too small to see.

I've opened a support ticket. After resolution I'll post here w/the recommendations.

--Jody

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Cool! Will be eagerly awaiting your update Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
JodyVSU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, it turns out that my Win/7-Pro desired & recommended monitor settings were the culprit. I had the recommended resolution settings but had my text and other items set to 125% size. Once adjusted back to 100%, the pop-up menu displays fully and normally.

Now, I just gotta accept (and get used to) these smaller settings. Ugh!