VMware Cloud Community
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Warning Parity Check in Progress Assert

Hi  i got a dell poweredge 1950 for 2 x 250gb.  After ESXi installation we getting warnings in hard drive sensor   "Parity Check in Progress Assert" . What couse this  warning? even after the initialization of the raid array i still get the same error message even with a reboot or restarting the management agents in esxi console could anyone please help me out.dell openmanage reports that the raid array is optimal and no issues this is with a dell perc 5/i

Cheers

Tags (3)
7 Replies
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

bump

0 Kudos
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I think your RAID is still building.

If state RAID is really optimal You can try to reset sensors & update sensors

UmeshAhuja
Commander
Commander

Hi,

I think your RAID is still building , You should be able to see this activity from whatever onboard RAID controller software the Dell uses

If you have Dell RAID monitoring software ,  You can view from there also.

Thanks n Regards
Umesh Ahuja

If your query resolved then please consider awarding points by correct or helpful marking.
0 Kudos
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi thanks for your reply i don't think the raid building because i checked in dell openmanage says the raid finish building and it reports that it is ok i can clear the sensor if i restart the management agents.i want this to go away on its self

0 Kudos
VTsukanov
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Nonetheless try to reset sensors (top hardware Status tab) and update (in the same place)

0 Kudos
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there I think its a bug because I tried resting the sensors same thing it didn't go away the server health is fine in open manage and I'm also running the latest build of esxi.

0 Kudos
merhard
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm with this same problem, could you solve it? thank you very much. lk5246

0 Kudos