VMware Cloud Community
paulmod
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vsphere is not mounting a HPE StoreVirtual node on multiple hosts

Does anyone know why a HPE StoreVirtual host would not allow Vsphere ESXI hosts to mount it when it has been overprovisioned?  How would I fix it as our environment is completely down.  HELP!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paulmod
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issue is that HPE is not coded very well. Instead of having a button, slider or field that you can use to increase the critical percentage you have to directly ssh into the node and increase it on there.  This is a big fail for HP StorageVirtual environment. Allowing people to thin provision the actual shares while vSphere lets you create thin provisioned disks is another major fail.  The storage shares should always be thick but my predecessors had no clue what they were doing obviously. 

Learned lesson is don't use HP products for storage. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
karim3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Wrong answer. I delete 🙂

Regards,

Karim

0 Kudos
paulmod
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issue is that HPE is not coded very well. Instead of having a button, slider or field that you can use to increase the critical percentage you have to directly ssh into the node and increase it on there.  This is a big fail for HP StorageVirtual environment. Allowing people to thin provision the actual shares while vSphere lets you create thin provisioned disks is another major fail.  The storage shares should always be thick but my predecessors had no clue what they were doing obviously. 

Learned lesson is don't use HP products for storage. 

0 Kudos