VMware Cloud Community
DUPILLE01
Contributor
Contributor

Vsphere installation not possible

Hello everyone, I have been trying for days to install Vsphere on my pc equipped with a Realtek r8111 network card. How can I do so that I can install Vsphere 7 on my computer. Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DUPILLE01
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I got an error message saying it can't find a network card. This is due to the realtek r8111 driver

0 Kudos
DUPILLE01
Contributor
Contributor

If I understood correctly the realtek r8111 network cards are not compatible with esxi 7.0. I tried to use ESXi-Customer V272 to add the pitote net55-r8168-8-039-01-napi.x86_64.vib on ESXi7.2 but nothing to do, when I boot on my key the installation is stopped.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm currently not aware of a 3rd party driver for ESXi 7.0 for that network adapter. If all your other hardware components (CPU, disk controller, etc.) are supported - or known as working - then I'd suggest that you look for another network adapter. Alternatively consider ESXi 6.x, for which you can find drivers at e.g. https://vibsdepot.v-front.de/wiki/index.php/List_of_currently_available_ESXi_packages.

In case your trying to install ESXi for evaluation, it might be an option to install it as a virtual machine in VMware Workstation.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There’s a whole area of VMTN for vSphere and .ESXi, thread reported asking moderators to.move it there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Moved to ESXi Discussions

0 Kudos