VMware Cloud Community
pauliew1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vsphere and the cloud

Hi everyone,

I have just been asked to take us on to the cloud so thats pretty cool. The downside is that i really havent done that much learning on vsphere as I have had my head in ITIL and cisco routers/security for the last year (amongst other things!). I am a vcp on 3.5 and use vsphere everyday but its really just basic admin at the moment. I am a little stuck so I was wondering if one of you people could help me. What I need to find out is if I get a private cloud with a hosting provider who host vmware vcloud services

1.) what edition of vsphere do I need to be running to combine my internal cloud with theirs (well mine but they host it)

2.) how in the heck do i join the two together?

3.) is there any documentation anywhere on setting up external private clouds that I have missed? (I had a good look around).

4.) can you storage vmotion up to your external cloud?

Smiley Happy

many thanks!

Paul

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikepodoherty
Expert
Expert

This might help - I haven't tested it but F5 just sent a link to a whitepaper about VMotion through the cloud using F5 hardware and VMware.

I expect that it will be expensive and I am trying to figure out how to get someone to test it for me.

I'd give my F5 rep a call and ask questions.

HTH

Mike

Edit; Storage VMotion through the cloud was part of the whitepaper.