VMware Cloud Community
jelloguil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vsphere 4 on ibm x3650 with ibm ds3200

Hi all,

I recently install from scratch the Vsphere 4 enterprise on one of my server. It's a ibm x3650 with an integrated SAS port. So I directly attach my ibm DS3200 on it but I can't find any of my LUN. I got a support CD software with my DS3200 to install agent on the Vsphere host. But on the CD I can't find any software or driver for ESX server. It's only for Linux and when I try to install it I got an error because I don't have an X session.

So I don't know what to do to enable it. Directly on the console server if I look for any disk unmounted I didn't see it. So did I need to install an agent of DS3200 on the server, if so, is it support ESX 4?

Thanks for your advise

Guillaume

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dblosser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Guillaume,

My understanding is that the DS3200 is not currently supported in vShpere 4. The last I heard from an IBM rep was that is is supposed to be supported in the 4th quarter of 2009. Which should be anytime now. The attached link that takes you to IBM's ds3200 interop guide that was last modified on July 30th 2009 that shows you that the DS3400 is the only one supported at this time on page 18. I am in a similar situation as I would like to use my DS3200 with vSphere4

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dblosser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Guillaume,

My understanding is that the DS3200 is not currently supported in vShpere 4. The last I heard from an IBM rep was that is is supposed to be supported in the 4th quarter of 2009. Which should be anytime now. The attached link that takes you to IBM's ds3200 interop guide that was last modified on July 30th 2009 that shows you that the DS3400 is the only one supported at this time on page 18. I am in a similar situation as I would like to use my DS3200 with vSphere4

0 Kudos
jelloguil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank for your answer. I will wait until is supported

0 Kudos
jelloguil
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I talk to my ibm representant and he said that ibm will support ds3200 in october, so it will probably in the next firmware of the controller.

0 Kudos
dblosser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the information, I will continue to monitor the interop guide in hopes that it will be supported soon.

Dave

0 Kudos