VMware Cloud Community
vishy3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VpxaHalCnxHostAgent messages flooding syslog server

I don't know why the ESXi host is spilling all these messages. Its affecting syslog server disk capacity shortage. I was told by GSS, these are standard events logged when ESXi host connects with vCenter server thus no action is required regarding these events. We can filter these logs in ESXi using enable_logfilters = true, but in general it is not a good practise to suppress logging, because it may limit Admin (and VMware's) ability to troubleshoot an issue.

Hoping someone can tell me if we have overlooked the root cause.

pastedImage_4.png

Thanks in Advance...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Looks like you have verbose logging enabled for the vpxa agent. Can you change it to Info level and see if it makes any difference? Verbose and Trivia logging is enabled only in case of troubleshooting and should be changed back to Info or Warning at the earliest - VMware Knowledge Base

Cheers,

Supreet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Looks like you have verbose logging enabled for the vpxa agent. Can you change it to Info level and see if it makes any difference? Verbose and Trivia logging is enabled only in case of troubleshooting and should be changed back to Info or Warning at the earliest - VMware Knowledge Base

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
vishy3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, I will give this a try.

0 Kudos
vishy3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Only found, vpxa.config log level is verbose, rest are info. Whats the best practise to set this level info??

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Set the logging level to Info.

Cheers,

Supreet

vishy3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It turns out the default logging level on the host for some agents/services were configured as verbose or info, thanks for the direction. The following areas the logs were updated. 

Rhttpproxy verbose messages

VPXA verbose messages

Hostd warning messages

hostd-probe verbose messages