ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  VpxaHalCnxHostAgent messages flooding syslog server

Posted Sep 30, 2018 09:26 AM

I don't know why the ESXi host is spilling all these messages. Its affecting syslog server disk capacity shortage. I was told by GSS, these are standard events logged when ESXi host connects with vCenter server thus no action is required regarding these events. We can filter these logs in ESXi using enable_logfilters = true, but in general it is not a good practise to suppress logging, because it may limit Admin (and VMware's) ability to troubleshoot an issue.

Hoping someone can tell me if we have overlooked the root cause.

Thanks in Advance...

• 2.  RE: VpxaHalCnxHostAgent messages flooding syslog server
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 30, 2018 08:14 PM

Looks like you have verbose logging enabled for the vpxa agent. Can you change it to Info level and see if it makes any difference? Verbose and Trivia logging is enabled only in case of troubleshooting and should be changed back to Info or Warning at the earliest - VMware Knowledge Base

Cheers,

Supreet

• 3.  RE: VpxaHalCnxHostAgent messages flooding syslog server

Posted Oct 01, 2018 12:57 AM

Thanks, I will give this a try.

• 4.  RE: VpxaHalCnxHostAgent messages flooding syslog server

Posted Oct 01, 2018 10:52 PM

Only found, vpxa.config log level is verbose, rest are info. Whats the best practise to set this level info??

• 5.  RE: VpxaHalCnxHostAgent messages flooding syslog server

Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:23 PM

Set the logging level to Info.

Cheers,

Supreet

• 6.  RE: VpxaHalCnxHostAgent messages flooding syslog server

Posted Oct 03, 2018 01:16 AM

It turns out the default logging level on the host for some agents/services were configured as verbose or info, thanks for the direction. The following areas the logs were updated. 

Rhttpproxy verbose messages

VPXA verbose messages

Hostd warning messages

hostd-probe verbose messages