VMware Cloud Community
ssevincoglu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vmware Esxi 4.1 U3 Cpu Problem

Hi all;
HP DL580 G7 ESXi 1.4 U3 I use 512 GB of RAM on the server with VMotion guestlerimi Last week I moved the server on transport over about 30 min. 12:00 to 17:00 for e-commerce site, among other ESXi host the update process did work. After carrying values ​​of Web servers on the server TTFB mentioned, apart from increased slowdowns on the web page I've seen live. Report Veeam One of them I saw when I came Causes 187% CPU Time could be ready. Difficulty with the CPU's use Vmware Guest Could it be out. In the meantime, using a maximum of 8 core will cause problems on ESXi guest right?
Thank You
0 Kudos
1 Reply
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the communnity - if I understand your question correctly - the answer is yes assigning 8 virtual cpus to a vm can cause issues depending on a coupld of issues:

1. If your host has only 8 logical CPUs - this will cause constraint on the scheduling of the vCPU
  2. If there is already contention for CPU cycles then adding an 8 vCPU will only make things worse

I would question the need for for 8 vCPUs - in my experience I have found very few VMs need that amount of CPU power -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos