VMware Cloud Community
Iboukaya
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware ESXi Password Issue Again

Dear Sir,

Since 2 months I have post a question about Vmware ESXi Password issue, that I have change the password and login with it one time but when I log off I cannot log on again !

but when I restart the system and try to log on again thats work !!!! just one time , once disconnect and try to connect again the password don't work!

It's same password Smiley Sad

any solution for that issue ??

Regards.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SatyS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How are you trying to connect the ESXi? Is it through SSH or DCUi ?

If SSH/DCUI, are these services enabled on the box? Also is there any firewall rule which is blocking these ports?

I guess you havent enabled lock down mode also. Please check on these points!

If you find this useful,please mark the answer as correct/helpful

Regards,
SatyS
http://myvirtuallearning.wordpress.com/

0 Kudos
Iboukaya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi SatyS,

thank you for your reply,

I don't use SSH (so I disable it), I try to connect using DCUi and Web interaface !

what you mean with Lock down mode ! probably this point cause I don't check this point!  could you explain sir!

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
SatyS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Make sure ESXi Shell is enabled under Troubleshooting Mode Options. Also check whether there is any timeout set for ESXi Shell access.(Troubleshooting Mode Options-> Modify ESXi Shell and SSH timeouts)

Also these might be helpful for you.

VMware vSphere 5.1

For lockdown mode, please read on this: Lockdown Mode

Regards,
SatyS

0 Kudos
Iboukaya
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your reply and your support,

after checking what is Lockdown Mode, Im' sure it's desabled cause I have access thraught web browser.

the issue is not on that I think, I think another probelm or bug with the password, it's work only one time (traught web browser or DCUi).

0 Kudos
rajivroorkee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ,

Few week's back I got the same issue in one of the Host , after changing timeout set for ESXi Shell setting its working fine .

Rajiv Pandey

vthesis.wordpress.com

0 Kudos
Iboukaya
Contributor
Contributor

hi Rajiv,

Could you tell me what you do exactly ??

Regards.

0 Kudos
SatyS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@Iboukaya​ Check for timeout set for ESXi shell from DCUI . Troubleshooting Mode Options-> Modify ESXi Shell and SSH timeouts.

Regards,
SatyS

0 Kudos
rajivroorkee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi lboukaya ,

Sure , Please find the steps below  which I did .Hope It will help you .

Steps :

1. Log in to the ESXi Shell.
  2. From the Troubleshooting Mode Options menu, select Modify ESXi Shell and SSH timeouts and press Enter.
  3. Enter the idle timeout (in seconds) or the availability timeout.

You must restart the SSH service and the ESXi Shell service for the timeout to take effect.

4. Press Enter and press Esc until you return to the main menu of the Direct Console User Interface.
  5. Click OK.

Impotent note :

• If you set the idle timeout, users are logged out after the session is idle for the specified time.
  • If you set the availability timeout, and you do not log in before that timeout elapses, logins become disabled again.

Rajiv Pandey

vthesis.wordpress.com

0 Kudos