VMware Cloud Community
Atilla360
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Visibility of VM

Hi

How can I configure visibility of some virtual machines for specific user in ESXi 5?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would have to assign the approrate permissions that woudl prevent them from accessing the VMs

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would have to assign the approrate permissions that woudl prevent them from accessing the VMs

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Select Virtual Machine > Permissions Tab > Add Permission,

user will have access in this virtual machine specific

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

In addition to what weinstein5 said, you may create folders in the "VMs and Templates" view to which you move the VMs and then assign the permissions on these folders.

André

Atilla360
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i have not the "VMs and Templates" in Home. Where can i create folders?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm sorry. I assumed you are running vCenter Server which offers this option. This is not available on a stand alone host.

André

PS: You may either follow MauroBonder's advice or workaround the missing folders by creating Resource Pools instead if you want to group multiple VMs.

0 Kudos