VMware Cloud Community
mark_r1
Contributor
Contributor

VirtualCenter Management Webservices won't start after vSphere 5.1 simple install

I have the following event being output to the Windows event log 4 or 5 times a minute.

Event ID:      7031

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Description:

The VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 45 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I tried changing the max memory allocation to 512MB in C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\conf\wrapper.conf as recommended here but that didn't help.

Running the service from the command line with a -c argument instead of a -s gives:

jvm 1    | SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandle

r ["ajp-bio-8009"]

jvm 1    | java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind <null>:8009

jvm 1    |      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.bind(JIoEndpoint.java:

From netstat –abn output:

[java.exe]

TCP    [::]:8009              [::]:0                 LISTENING

Has anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoaoCastro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi mark_r@ITL,

I have a same problem Im my lab  because I edited the file configuration of java, to resolve this problem I had change the value of 512 to 1024 and restart service, after this Vcenter  Webservices service started normally.

regards,

joao castro

0 Kudos
mark_r1
Contributor
Contributor

I changed the max memory allocation in the Configure Tomcat utility and the wrapper.conf but no luck - I still get the same symptoms.

I've also installed the vSphere Web Client but there's no entry in the vCenter Server combo box in the Role manager and the datacenter I configured in the vSphere Client. Is this likely to be because of the Webservices problem?

Can anyone please recommend anything further on this? I've not been able to get any further and it's really holding me up. Setting up vSphere shouldn't be this painful.

0 Kudos
sgloeckle
Contributor
Contributor

I found the problem at my site: another http-service (HP PCM) was blocking the port 8443.

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind <null>:8443

solved issue for me

0 Kudos